The Official "We wish JaytheGamefan well in his future endeavors" Wrestling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='cdeener']I am on my phone and the chat won't load on here so can somebody stick with updates on CAG.[/QUOTE]

I've been reading the pwtorch updates: http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/wweppvs/article_48996.shtml

I find myself often agreeing with Caldwell's take on things. Enough that he's not a chore to read, at any rate.

Only shocker so far is Edge/Del Rio - (1) that it was the first match on the show and (2) that Edge retained the belt. What a fucking terrible idea that was.

lol ive been trying to live chat the shit out of comcast for shitty quality during the taker/hhh entrance.. if im paying $60... that feed better be fucking flawless

So the story so far:

1. Edge retained the WHC.
2. The WHC match was the curtain jerker.
3. Edge, still the face (right?), destroys Del Rio's car after the match while Christian stood watch over Del Rio to make sure he couldn't stop it.

4. The US title match was moved to a dark match.

5. The 8-man tag featured the Tag and Intercontinental champs, 3/4 of Smackdown's purportedly dominant heel group, getting squashed in 2-ish minutes.

6. It took the RAW GM several minutes AFTER the Lawler-Cole match to change the result. Because SCSA pushed Cole. Who pushed first. But hey, this was a comedy match anyway, so whatever.

7. The penultimate match is going to have 2 awesome wrestlers, someone who's too far removed from her peak, and someone from the armpit of US entertainment.

So yeah, not the best WM ever. And it's still got an hour to go.

[e] Oh yeah, forgot this:

8. The main attraction of the night has the WWE title on the line, but the WWE Champion is not the focal point of the story.

[quote name='chickenbutt']Did Undertaker fall asleep or something?[/QUOTE]

He's either selling or his being out of the ring for 6 months caught up with his broken down body.

You can hate the Jersey Shore all you want, but you have to admit that was a good showing by Snooki. I never knew she can move like that. As short (no pun intended) as that match was, it was better than that Corre match which was a joke. WHy they put that inthere instead of Daniel Bryan and Sheamus I will never understand.

Did anyone get a screenshot of "King" Triple H or the "MAINA" sign?

[quote name='ZForce915']Where did the Shamus match go?[/QUOTE]
Dark match, changed to an over-the-top-rope battle royal midway through.

So, for anyone that hates on TNA, you gotta ask yourself, who let them book the WM main event? Cause that was seriously some predictable, "Russo-ish" crap as most peolpe call it.

Just wanted to say Scorch is awesome. He knows why, thanks for the PM!

Also, Punk may have lost but at least Miz retained!!!!

[quote name='Iron Clad Burrito']To the dark match, ahead of a battle royal.[/QUOTE]

You know the funny part about that is they were still saying Sheamus/Daniel Bryan for the US title was going to be happening during the pre-show...

Even though they gave us the unexpected Miz retaining ending that was a pretty crappy Wrestlemania.

[quote name='BoSoxFan900']Why the fuck do you base your biggest show of the year around a guy who won't be around in 3-4 weeks?[/QUOTE]

I think the implication is that Rock will be sticking around for a while.

[quote name='BoSoxFan900']Why the fuck do you base your biggest show of the year around a guy who won't be around in 3-4 weeks?[/QUOTE]

I think the implication is that Rock will be sticking around for a while.

The way Miz retained, especially after the Rock's "I AIN'T GONNA LET IT GO DOWN LIKE THIS" line was just as bad as Super Cena overcoming the odds.

Never in my wildest dreams did I think that Snooki would be more athletic than half of the Divas in the locker room.

That match was fun, the Dr. Doom Cody Rhodes vs. Rey match was good, and the HHH/Taker match was good, if not a bit finisher-heavy.

[quote name='Trakan']The way Miz retained, especially after the Rock's "I AIN'T GONNA LET IT GO DOWN LIKE THIS" line was just as bad as Super Cena overcoming the odds.[/QUOTE]

I disagree. The way Miz retained did kind of suck, I'll admit, but having Cena win yet another Wrestlemania main event title match would have been more lame.

I'm going to go take a dump. I'll be posting the results which stand an excellent chance of being better than the results of WM.

I'm hoping this just sets up a formal Cena vs. Rock match at Summerslam. It'll give Rocky a few more months to get into "wrestling shape" for one "last match," give the WWE more time to build this feud, and it'll restore Summerslam to the huge summer PPV it once was eons ago.

I'm very very thankful I don't waste $60+ on WWE's awful, and predictable PPVs. Thank you internet!

That was a terrible, terrible WM. Every match was subpar. The best performer was CM Punk hands down, yet he lost to one move lol. That's WWE for ya.

Raw tomorrow will be 10x better than WM. Especially with Sin Cara debuting!!!

[quote name='Trakan']The way Miz retained, especially after the Rock's "I AIN'T GONNA LET IT GO DOWN LIKE THIS" line was just as bad as Super Cena overcoming the odds.[/QUOTE]

Part of the allure of WM is that, because it's the biggest show in entertainments, the matches stick out more. People will go back and watch them over and over. Fresh off the end of this PPV, can anyone honestly say there is a match they'll go back and watch other than UT/HHH?

There have been some great WM matches.
Hogan/Andre
Savage/Steamboat
Razor/HBK
Hardys/Edge and Christian/Dudleys TLC (one and two)
Rock/Austin
Benoit/HHH/HBK
Jericho/HBK
Benoit/Angle/Jericho
Benoit/Angle
...you get the point. I could go on and on for another two dozen matches and most of you would be like "oh, yeah, that match was fuckin' GOOD, I could watch that again!" Except for those of you who can't watch Benoit anymore.

Now, all that aside, where was that tonight? No title changes, one match bumped off the show and hot shotted into some other shitshow altogether (so no more complaints about Bubba Ray pinning D-Von's kids not making any sense). The only advantage WWE has over TNA in terms of content is that their main eventers show up sober to work.

The only watchable match on the program was between two guys who haven't wrestled but a combined 4 or 5 matches in the past 7 or 8 months.

This was a fucking awful Wrestlemania.

The HHH/Taker match was awful too. I would not go back and watch any of the matches tonight.

Taker kicked out of like 15 pedigrees... signature moves are meaningless in WWE anymore which was never the norm before. WWE has become so predictable that I feel like I know what's going to happen 5 years from now lol.

[quote name='Capocci 007']WWE has become so predictable that I feel like I know what's going to happen 5 years from now lol.[/QUOTE]

So you expected Edge to retain?

Let's not fool ourselves. Everyone expected Del Rio to win. But what WWE overlooked was that Del Rio *should have* won. That's why people expected it. If something is predictable but desirable, that doesn't mean you shouldn't give it to the fans. One of my favorite Metallica songs is Motorbreath, but it shouldn't be the song they close with. That should be One, right? right? Imagine if Metallica didn't play One, and instead said "we're gonna play an acoustic set of Woody Guthrie cover songs. hope you like it!"

Christian turning on Edge. Same fuckin' thing. Predictable but desirable. Have them feud going into the Spring, and have Del Rio establish firm footing as the champ over some other smackdown goofs. Feed him Kane, feed him Big Show, feed him Rey again since the title would be on the line. Let Edge look slightly fresher than the week-old-bread he is now and have him feud with Christian.

The booking of that match was WWE saying "we know what you expect, but we're going to give you a surprising, albeit disappointing, alternate ending. so fuck you."

Go watch the show again. There's more planning in the fucking ring entrances for the show than there are the matches. Entrances are great, but they're not the whole of the show. They shouldn't be, at any rate. They're supposed to build anticipation, not be the centerpiece of the program. Yet they were the whole package in an 8 man tag match that lasted 3 and a half minutes.

It's not predictable, but it is fuckin' stupid. They did not give the fans what the fans wanted.

Not a great show. The majority just seemed really predictable - even the minor stuff. When Rock said "the next person coming around that corner..." I immediately said "Mae Young."

What got the biggest reaction in the house full of people I was in was peripheral stuff like the Austin-Rock meeting, the Cena & Miz video packages, and the random Pee-Wee cameo. Only match that got much response was Undertaker vs Triple H. Speaking of which - called it on the Metallica song.

HHH and Taker did a great job with the dramatic teaser finishes but the match itself couldn't live up to last year's, let alone the year before. Not even close. Loved the beginning (Undertaker flat on his ass next to Cole's booth with HHH standing in the ring) and the last several minutes (thought for sure the repeated chairshots was going to be the finish - was expecting the exact same ending as Rock vs Austin at WM 17). Story definitely seemed to be the old guy giving everything to win one more time before he's gone. Fantastic sell job by Undertaker, doing stuff we haven't seen before (repatedly doing a spastic/"broken" sit-up was especially good). That dive over the ropes scared the shit out of me. After the horrible landing at WM25 I never thought we'd see that again. Considering Undertaker probably couldn't do much, they did ok.

First Undertaker stretcher job ever. I don't expect to see him again until late this year to start building for the 20-0 match.

I've maintainted that Rock wouldn't be wrestling again, but I can't imagine them going with that ending unless he's going to.

When the Edge match went on first I had a sinking feeling he was going to win. Oh well. Perfect example of WWE booking just to do the opposite of what people expect "just because," even if what people expect makes far more sense.

How long has Cody been using the "dark" version of his music? I don't watch Smackdown so I had never seen it before. We were laughing at the tron. "GROTESQUE!" "DISFIGURED!"

The biggest laugh of the night for us was when Orton went for the punt and collapsed. Horribly corny, especially after they already did the same thing the other day.

Never thought Edge would retain. Never thought Snooki would do a decent spot. Never thought Corre would get squashed that badly. Wrestlemania is always full of surprises.

I thought Mania was good. I wouldn't say it was completely fucking awful and shitty. Del Rio/Edge, Orton/Punk, and Rhodes/Mysterio were all very good matches. I really enjoyed Orton/Punk. It might be my match of the night. I hated the ending though.

Cody Rhodes impressed me. Del Rio/Edge was a exciting match, but really should not have been first, and Del Rio should have won. There's no point to Edge winning.

I was bummed they bumped Danielson's match. They could have done without a few skits, videos, and the 8 man tag and included the U.S. title on there.

Cole/Lawler was entertaining. It was certainly better than Hart/Vince from last year.

HHH/Taker was a bad match, and didn't get interesting until the end. I liked the story they were telling at the end where Undertaker was "dying" and all that, but man. There was no actual wrestling in the match. It was all finishers.

The ending to Miz/Cena was bizarre. It really makes no sense to have the Rock be the focal point of the ending. The match itself sucked. Miz is still a bitch champ.

If you drop Taker vs Triple H from the card this PPV felt like just another typical WWE PPV of the month and not Wrestlemania. The Rock better be staying around given how they shoved him down our throats so much tonight.

Oh, and seriously fuck you WWE for taking Bryan Danielson Daniel Bryan off the show. That's the match I was looking the most forward to as well. Even more then Orton vs Punk (which I did enjoy).

[quote name='KaneRobot']Speaking of which - called it on the Metallica song.[/QUOTE]

That's not really clairvoyance. What did you expect it could have been otherwise?

EDIT: Whoever starts the next thread, if it isn't the "'Don't Call It Wrestling' Entertainments Thread," you're fucking fired.

[quote name='mykevermin']That's not really clairvoyance. What did you expect it could have been otherwise?[/QUOTE]
Aw hush up, you're just pissed you didn't call it.

Pee-Wee is on Team Bring It. This is a game-changer, folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back