The Official CAG October 2009 Pick Ups Thread ~ Trick or Treat?

ZerotypeX

CAGiversary!
Feedback
109 (100%)
Didn't see one made for this month so I took the initiative. CAGs, post your picks ups for the month of October!

Past threads
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009

Technically most of the stuff was bough last month, but whatever.

DSC00040.jpg

$70 for a full band kit, not bad. Plus using a $30 GC, even better

DSC00042.jpg

Went a little overboad, but I figured....$140 for 3 guitars, mic, drum kit, and 2 games (possible 3rd when I do the Van Halen promo) is one hell of a deal

DSC00043.jpg

Some toilet reading and Deal of Day (TOV) from Amazon. Batman (great game btw) from TRU with $30 GC and my replacement Lumines game from ebay (original copy got stolen with a bunch of other stuff :cry:)

DSC00046.jpg

Painted controller shell from ebay since I butchered my original shell. The aerobatic monkey was a souvenir from my summer vacation in Toronto. Its suppose to do flips and shit, but sadly the magnet on the base is broken so no flips and shit :bomb:)

DSC00049.jpg

Thanks to amazon for the wonderful deal on this game

DSC00051.jpg

shirt from woot.com

DSC00054.jpg

Street Fighter IV and Left 4 Dead are the new additions. Thank you Steam and your awesome prices

DSC00056.jpg

Bought this Paramore album today for $4 on amazon. Not to bad, prefer this over their last one.

I swear I'm gonna actually post here this month.

I got my Newegg order today, so I'll just add it to this month
games-1.jpg

:360:
Operation Darkness
Crackdown
Project Sylpheed

$9.99 each, free shipping

Sorry for the cell phone pic, but my actual camera is being an asshole.

Nothing major this month, but i did just pick this small beauty up. Had it fully customized and has been 6 months in the waiting. :D

2645 Sq Ft, 4 Bedrooms, 2.5 Bathrooms, Game Room (Future HT) :)
main.php

main.php

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Layd Dly']Nothing major this month, but i did just pick this small beauty up. Had it fully customized and has been 6 months in the waiting. :D[/QUOTE]

Nice door! I love the color.

[quote name='Brownjohn']Nice door! I love the color.[/QUOTE]

I probably would've chosen black,. But i do like how it all turned out. but the Misses always wanted a red door

[quote name='Chairman_LMAO']Damn! You're STRONG :shock:[/QUOTE]

Hell Yes. :bouncy:

[quote name='Layd Dly']Nothing major this month, but i did just pick this small beauty up. Had it fully customized and has been 6 months in the waiting. :D

[/QUOTE]

Nothing major eh, lol

Looks really nice.

dscn0369zk.jpg

The skin, not the controller. $1.00

dscn0370y.jpg

$12.99 before gift card, $0.00 after. Thank you Amazon!

dscn0371k.jpg

dscn0373s.jpg

$7.48 on Target clearance

dscn0374h.jpg

$14.99 on Best Buy clearance!

dscn0375b.jpg

$20 for charity, y'know

A couple were very late September pick-ups, but who cares, amirite?

Let me see... technically from last weekend.

sonchron-1.jpg

sradventure.jpg

Both are staying sealed. Here's the receipt picture, Chronicles was on sale for $10.
receipt.jpg

And I picked up a new copy of Sonic & The Secret Rings today at TRU. I'd got one in trade at Sega-16, but the guy sent me what amounted to a mildly abused used copy, even though he claimed it was "new". Well, he bought it new from Gamestop, which explained why it was so beat up. I sold it off for what I could get and got a new, ACTUAL sealed copy to replace it.

I forgot about my recent online purchases.

The previously-mentioned Secret Rings from TRU, and a boxed, complete copy of Sonic Advance 2($25 via Amazon)
secretrings.jpg

Sonic Adventure DX($10 via Amazon) and Sonic Adventure 2 Battle($20 via Amazon). SADX isn't 100% mint, but better than my old copy and acceptable. SA2 is very good. However, I intend to buy a pack of replacement Gamecube cases from Nintendo someday.
sonadventure.jpg

A few months ago I bought a VG Pocket Caplet 50 game model at Gamestop. You can find my old thread about it at the DP forums. Anyway, I eventually lost it when it slipped from my hand and the screen cracked. Then last week, I found the TV-out cable that came with that old VG Pocket Max, which I'd bought a few years ago. So I thought it time to order a new Caplet. All I could find were the 35 game versions, but I think the extra 15 games are mostly SHMUP titles anyway. $5 via dealtime.com
vgpocket.jpg

On a side note, the TV out cable I have is mislabeled. White is video, yellow is audio. Aside from the old VG Pocket Max being mediocre, it tells of the quality of cheaply made Chinese junk. At least it works but only by accidental virtue that I swapped the plugs in my TV before giving up.

[quote name='Layd Dly']Nothing major this month, but i did just pick this small beauty up. Had it fully customized and has been 6 months in the waiting. :D

[/QUOTE]

Nice! I'm assuming you got it a good deal on it because the real estate market is down?

One of my finest cheap ass moments was buying a repo house that was still in excellent condition for 50% off its original sale price.

Poor shopping night but a few things.

octoberhaul.jpg

The 3 Sonic toys at Toys R Us, $5 each.

The area Game Crazy is one of the 200 being shut down. Not that I care, they've never really thrilled me. They used to do special orders for games back when they had retro stuff. I TRIED to order Final Fantasy VII as their sale price was only $15. Problem was, the employees were such jackasses, every time my ordered copy came in, an employee would buy the game themself to sell on eBay, so my order sat unfilled, even though it'd been paid in full.

Still, they're dying and they had 30% off. Shame the store was sparse, all I found was a universal type game system cord. 73 cents total after tax. I almost bought Darkened Skye for Gamecube... but this store thought it'd be funny to stick every GC disc in a paper sleeve and toss the boxes. Then seal the sleeves. I don't buy a used game without being able to see the condition of the disc beforehand, even if it was less than $4. And tossing the cases? Why? It expends manpower to put everything in a sleeve. No wonder this place is going under, it's run by morons.

I haven't done this in awhile so I have quite a few pick ups.

CCWindow001Medium.jpg

Supernatural Season 4 along with 2 great Nintendo games.

CCWindow003Medium.jpg

Some random DVDs, games and a book.

CCWindow004Medium.jpg

Scribblenauts, along with the rooster hat preorder bonus.

CCWindow002Medium.jpg

My PS3.

CCWindow005Medium.jpg

Out of the box.

CCWindow006Medium.jpg

My first few Blu Rays.

CCWindow007Medium.jpg

My first few PS3 games.

[quote name='Spacepest']Nice! I'm assuming you got it a good deal on it because the real estate market is down?

One of my finest cheap ass moments was buying a repo house that was still in excellent condition for 50% off its original sale price.[/QUOTE]

Yeah we got a really really good deal, especially since we were way ahead of the curve with buying while the market was down. It was also a brand new floorplan like days old, so we were the first ones to buy it. We negotiated the price down 5k and got 10k in free upgrades, Free Stainless Steel Appliances, free washer and dryer, free 2" blinds in all windows, And thanks to having a real estate attorney we got free stone on the front of house, and free 2nd A/C unit. We even negotiated our down payment from 5% to 3.5% and over an installment payment plan, and they also paid our closing. The house assessed for about 37k more than we paid once it was completed. :hot:

[quote name='lolwut?']
[Halo 3 ODST pic]
$12.99 before gift card, $0.00 after. Thank you Amazon!
[/QUOTE]
Wait, Amazon had ODST for $13??? Damn I need to come to this place more often.

Anyways, just 2 things so far. Apologies for the crappy, blurry pic.

IMAGE_025.jpg

Dissidia was $25 at Amazon not too long ago. It came with a CD with some of the songs from the game too.

More goodies

Battle Fantasia from GS for $19.99, ODST from Amazon for $50.99 +eca and $15 credit, Demon's Souls Deluxe Edition with Art Book and Sdtk from Amazon for $66.99 +eca, Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days from amazon for $25.99 with Pre-Order Slip Cover.
main.php

Better Picture of Demon's Souls
main.php

Free Warhammer from Best Buy bough Away: Shuffle Dungeon for $9.99 so they wouldnt hassle me about Warhammer.
main.php

Ghostbusters Slimer Edition from Amazon Lightning Deal
main.php

And so far my sencond greatest pickup of the month behind my house is my new Optoma HD20 1080p projector.
main.php

main.php

First time post and my wallet has seriously taken a beating these past 3 months. I got the most of the games for a great price, enough for me to be crazy if I passed them up.

Wii + PSP (Prinny from PSN store not pictured) + 360:

PS3:

Wireless Headphones + Windows 7 Ultimate + HTC Imagio (Verizon):

I have a few more games coming this month and then I'll be completely tapped out.

PSP:
PSP Ratchet and Clank Bundle
LocoRoco 2
Patapon 2
Daxter
Lumines 2

PSN:
Critter Crunch

PS3:
Picking up Uncharted today

360:
Brutal Legend

445394963_1550841642_0.jpeg
1013092305.jpg

Got all of these from ebay.

445395279_1550842747_0.jpeg

445395351_1550842990_0.jpeg
1013092246.jpg

1013092247.jpg

Got these games from Gamecrazy last week

1013092257.jpg

1013092258.jpg

1013092302.jpg

Got these from gamecrazy on sunday

445395878_1550844860_0.jpeg
1013092301.jpg

Got this on amazon for 9 bucks!

445394837_1550841196_0.jpeg
1013092306.jpg

For preordering GH5

And finally (so far)

My very first craigslist buy and i managed to talk the guy down to 30 dollars :)

1013092306a.jpg

445394675_1550840617_0.jpeg

What do you guys think?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='catabarez']What do you guys think?[/QUOTE]
I think you need to use a new picture host besides vzw.com because I can't see your images.

So far this month, Dexter season 2 on Blu, Uncharted 2, Demon's Souls, and I just won a copy of Tornado Outbreak on PS3 on Ebay.. really, really excited about that one. I love Katamari Damacy and this seems to be just like it, only with a tornado. It's also fairly difficult to find already and will only become increasingly harder to find. Granted, that doesn't mean it'll be worth anything, but I don't see this game as being widely available for long.

Some pics of things I've been too lazy to post

:ps2: Metropolismania 2 - $9.99
:360: Star Ocean: The Last Hope - $19.97
:360: Enchanted Arms (w/ graphic novel) - Something like $7)

I got Star Ocean at Kmart, who had maybe five copies left. I contemplated getting more, but at $20, it's not really a good flip. If I'm proven otherwise, I'm sure they'll still have them. Enchanted Arms was purchased at a closing Game Crazy. The box isn't in great shape, but the book is fine and the disc is great. Metropolismania 2 was a last minute purchase from GameStop, as I had some credit and I didn't want to walk out empty handed.
IMAG0002.jpg

:ps2: Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus - $3
:dvd: Katsuhiro Otomo's Memories - $3

Both bought at a BBV sidewalk sale. I've seen Memories before, and it's a very good film, and I've heard many good things about the Sly Cooper games, but I've never played them.
IMAG0003-2.jpg

:ds: Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime - $10
:ds: Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker - $10
:ds: Final Fantasy III - $10
:ds: Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword - $10
:ds: The Dark Spire - $4.99

Picked up the bulk of these from the Walmart.com 2 for $20 sale. The Dark Spire was bought at GameStop when the price went down. Unfortunately, it was a gutted copy, but they still had the outer box, and the CD soundtrack was sealed.
IMAG0004-1.jpg

Non Game stuff:

Guided By Voices - Alien Lanes
Grandaddy - Just Like The Fambly Cat
J Mascis - J + Friends Sing + Chant For AMMA

All vinyl
IMAG0001-1.jpg

Guided By Voices - Propeller
Sentridoh - Songs From Loobiecore 2.5

Both CDs
IMAG0005.jpg

It's a good thing you popped up Chairman, I thought I was going to go 3 days unanswered. Today's:

dscn0505j.jpg

dscn0507y.jpg

The holder, not the motes. That thing was much smaller/shittier than I expected.

Custom arcade stick and Mintola Maxxum 5d Camera which will become my new ebay picture taking camera whenever I manage to get a cheap compact flash card.

Intec brand 12-volt car inverter, $14 at Game Crazy
inverter.jpg

Darkened Skye and Metroid Prime 2 Gamecube at Game Crazy. Not even going to try to photograph a CG disc withthis camera's flash. $9 for both

Sony AV multi-out converter for PS1/PS2. Now, when I do get that PS1 I won't have to hunt down an s-video cable for it. $2.50
sonyav.jpg

Few More Pickups i havent posted yet.

Snow White and BB SteelBook, and Pinochio for $9.99 from bestbuy.com
main.php

From Amazons Buy 2 Get 1 Sale.
main.php

got this beast TODAY w000

4032536547_535e12a007_b.jpg

also picked up KOF XII, Assassins Creed, Uncharted, Mirrors edge, Afro Samurai and Demon SOULS deluxe

:360: Smackdown vs Raw 2010 - $59.99 at WalMart
:360: Fallout 3 CE - $39.99 at Gamestop
:360: Rock Band Wireless Guitar - $14.98 at Target
:360: XBL Messenger Kit x 3 - $69.99/each, 1 free at Toys R Us B2G1 free

I decided not to sell my N64. Bought these for $15. My label maker was also busted beyond useful so I got a new one.

resevil2.jpg

Went to pick up FIFA 09 for $20 new today at GS. It was actually New/Sealed. When I was checking out I saw a stack of guides on the counter behind the desk. I asked if they were for sale, expecting to get shot down but figured it was worth a try. The employee said I could have what I wanted as long as I wasn't being greedy about it. Ended up walking out with FIFA 09, an original xbox controller, and a Call of Duty WAW & Red Faction: Guerrilla guide for $30. Best GS experience ever. There were about 10 to 15 guides in the stack, but these two were the only ones of importance to me and I figured since the guy was doing me a solid I didn't want to end up walking out with 7 or 8 guides.

The $7.50 copy of Metroid Prime 2 I picked up at Game Crazy was damaged beyond repair. Too many dents and pits in the disc for even a disc buff machine to fix. That's more money down the drain.

I bought Sonic Riders there for $5 and promptly had it buffed as well. I'll hope it's playable. I passed on Starfox Adventure, it looked too damaged to repair.

Between Game Crazy's "all sales final" policy and disc envelopes taped shut, I'm hesitant to buy further games there. It's not a bargain if the disc is shot. They actually wouldn't let me look at the MP2 disc before purchase. I'm really not sad to see them going out of business. Even if it is only 200 of their stores, they deserve it.

Funny then, my local store's last day was to be tomorrow, but has been pushed back 2 weeks. I geuss management wants them to stay open longer to see if their pile of Lego Indiana Jones copies ever sells.

[quote name='Chairman_LMAO']Yeah, hundreds of employees lost their jobs! fuck 'em, they deserve it!

My GC made sure customers checked their discs before they left.[/QUOTE]

Funny, none of the local employees here lost their jobs. They're just getting assigned to different stores.

But I'm beyond caring about shit like that. A store fucks me over by selling faulty merchandise with no return policy in place, I stop giving a damn about their bottom line. Nor the employees, who don't act as if they give a damn in the first place.

bread's done
Back