The Official CAG February 2011 Pick-Ups Thread "Hungry, Hungry, Hippos Edition"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
hippo.jpg

Buying stuff pleases hungry, hungry, hippo.

Happy Valentine's Day for some, and for the rest, a nice quiet meal for one.

icon_board-1072.jpg

Past threads, thanks to ZerotypeX and ZxT Vendetta for the list of previous months/years threads.

Added in Janurary 2011.

January 2011

And my $100 budget got raped this month. :D

Picked up:
:ds: Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume $11.57 from Walmart
:ds: Teenage Zombies $4.97 Amazon Warehouse Deals
:ds: Blue Dragon Plus $10 Amazon
:ds: Nostalgia $9.96 Amazon
:ds: HORI 16 DS Card Case $4 Amazon
:pc: Puzzle Quest Galactrix $2.13 GameStop (new)
:wii: Octomania $5.37 GameStop used
:ds: Plants vs Zombies Toys R Us B1G1 50% off
:ds: Namco Museum Collection Toys R Us B1G1 50% off

Got these from the GoHastings 5 for $20 sale:
:ds: Fossil Fighters Strategy Guide
:ds: Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days Strategy Guide
:wii: Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn Strategy Guide
:wii: Animal Crossing City Folk Strategy Guide
:wii: Super Smash Bros Brawl Strategy Guide

Got this stuff from people on CAG:
:ds: Wario: Master of Disguise
:ps: Ford Racing
:nes: Dragon Warrior
:ps: Twisted Metal 3
:xbox: Arcade Disc

Got this from Kmart, had a $25 GC and got $15 in rewards points. That works for me.
:ds: Dragon Quest VI: Realms of Revelation $12.44

Thanks to the Groupon $10 for a $20 B&N Gift Card, I was able to pick this up free (and also got some books for my mom):
:wii: Goldeneye 007 Prima Official Strategy Guide

I picked these up from the guy who sells DVDs and such outside our bookstore, 6 for $20 (with Deuce Bigalow 1 and Zorro on DVD as well):
:gc: Kirby's Air Ride
:gc: Mario Party 5
:gc: Mario Superstar Baseball
:gc: The Urbz: Sims in the City

I would add pictures, but I just noticed that *surprise* the pictures I took of this stuff (not everything was included) look like shit. I need a new camera :whee:

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked these up:

DSC01795.jpg

Technically, Trinity Universe is a Jan pick up since I bought it on Friday. Yakuza 3 was a Goozex pickup.

[quote name='david12795']Amazon PS3 BF bundle - $187 - $10 GC. Came in complete condition and mint. pretty good since it was listed as "good"[/QUOTE]

Personally I've been skeptical about a lot of the stories people have been telling in the WHD thread, about their PS3 coming as shit.

Mine was brand new, just no seal.

I can't imagine anyone actually getting a useless brick.

:ps3:NBA JAM ($9.99 after Amazon Credit)
:ps3:Assasin's Creed II ($10 after GS Credit)
:ps3:BioShock ($18 GameStop)
:ps3:Prince of Persia ($13 GameStop)
:ps3:Legends of Wrestlemania ($11 Amazon Warehouse)
:ps3:50 Cent Blood in the Sand ($15 Amazon Warehouse)
:ps3:Yakuza 3 ($22 Amazon)

[quote name='doodmandood']People are getting lazy with photos.

It makes me sad.[/QUOTE]

People are getting lazy with replying what people are doing in this thread instead of posting what they bought.

It makes me sad.

:lol:

[quote name='lmz00']
2mn2lpc.jpg

Been wanting one of these for over a year now. Was tempted to order one from GameBaz when they were around $480, but they've since jacked up the price to $1,870. This one only set me back $250, so it's a good thing I was "patient." It is one beautiful piece of hardware.[/QUOTE]

Do u mind enlightening me y this is so expansive? Both network adaptor and hrs is easily accessible.

Imz00, just out of curiosity, what games or kinds of games do you play? I always see your collectible stuff, but wonder about what you get to play, if anything.

[quote name='blindinglights']Imz00, just out of curiosity, what games or kinds of games do you play? I always see your collectible stuff, but wonder about what you get to play, if anything.[/QUOTE]

I would love to see a picture of his collection :)

Another thrift store massacre. I'm not 100% on the value of these so any insight would be great. All of them are sealed. There is one Seaquest cart open but the rest have the SEGA sticker still intact. Were Mega Drive Carts sealed in plastic too?:
IMG_0621.jpg

So far in feb:

001.jpg

$20

Dragon Warrior Sealed, Shadowgate Mint/Comple, Balders Gate DA 2 NM/Complete, Startropic Good/Complete, MarvelUA & Forza 2 double pack NM Complete, NES $1 game...

$9.71
Halo Reach Legendary Edition - Gamestop - ($59.99 - $27 Fable III Disc Only Trade in - $24 Halo Reach Disc Only Trade in = $9.71) They had a 50% bonus in trade ins.

kind of went overboard, but it's my 21st bday soon so why not be stupid with money?

Supra Skytop IIs -- normally $120-130, got em for $89 shipped.

skytop2-whitetuf.jpg

N&F Weird Guys, deep indigo -- normally $170, googled a coupon code and took em at $136 shipped. that has never worked for me before =p

NAKE-MJ4_V1.jpg

can't wait :bouncy:

edit: there's a mint black labeled FFVIII in a local resale shop going for $10, is that worth grabbing?

3x91ff
hpim3086.jpg

My goodies from the Pokemon Black and White tour. And before you accuse me of being a cow for wearing XL, the shirts are fit for children/teens so you have to scale up.

[quote name='FridgeBeard']
3x91ff
And before you accuse me of being a cow for wearing XL, the shirts are fit for children/teens so you have to scale up.[/QUOTE]

All I got from that is that you're a fat kid! :D

[quote name='Zaku77']You can flip that for AT LEAST 3x that. Easily worth it.[/QUOTE]

Wait, really? You sure? FFVIII usually goes for $20 or under if you look. Hell, a year ago I got a mint BL copy off eBay for around $10 shipped... So... It's worth it to buy it for yourself, but if you're looking to flip it, you won't make too much.

[quote name='FridgeBeard']
3x91ff
hpim3086.jpg

My goodies from the Pokemon Black and White tour. And before you accuse me of being a cow for wearing XL, the shirts are fit for children/teens so you have to scale up.[/QUOTE]

So did they just give this out or what?

Its coming through Indy soon and I am excited to go.

FridgeBeard if you are here please let me know about the Pokemon tour and how you got all of those plushies!
dsci0001yn.jpg

I was on a kick for wrestling and found Jericho's first book new for $5.99

2dgu9uc.jpg

:dvd: skins (UK version) Volumes 1 & 2 - 20 bucks for the pair from BarnesandNoble.com
:ps3: Dead Space 2 (w/ Dead Space Extraction - 40 bucks from Amazon

[quote name='doodmandood']So did they just give this out or what?

Its coming through Indy soon and I am excited to go.[/QUOTE]

Here's how the event works: throughout your mall will be five stamp stations. Wherever you end up going first, you can pick up the guide and get your first stamp in it. There will be a page inside telling you where the other stations are. Five in total.

One of the stops is a big ol' kiosk where you can buy things. Shirts are $20 (with many different characters and colors), plastic figures are $5, normal sized plushes are $10 and jumbo sized plushes are $20. There may have been more, but those were the main ones. Normal sized plushes included the three I had (Snivy, Tepig, Oshawott) as well as Zorua and Zoroark. Jumbo ones were Reshiram and Zekrom.

The next "main" station is the demo area, which is pretty hard to miss. It's basically an oddly shaped tent/maze thing. Once you get in you get the chance to play the demo and they throw a couple of pins to you when you leave.

If you're bored (or masochistic) you can go watch some Pokemon movie in a theater and when you leave they'll give you some jumbo card thing. I didn't go, so I didn't get it, but it's probably not worth much anyways.

After you visit every station you can go to a final one and spin a prize wheel. You'll always win something, be it a cellphone strap, a stylus, a shirt, or a plush. I won the Snivy up there which is why it's still packaged.

I guess if you don't want to pay anything, bring some friends who'd be willing to give you whatever they win from the wheel. :lol:

White Slim PS2 + Cables + Memory Card
Odin Sphere
Kingdom Hearts 2
Dark Cloud 2
Rogue Galaxy
Shadow Of The Colossus

[quote name='blindinglights']Wet Hot American Summer is hilarious, but you should already own it by now![/QUOTE]

Haha, I did already own it. I bought that copy to replace my scratched one.

[quote name='Megiddo_CAG']

White Slim PS2 + Cables + Memory Card
Odin Sphere
Kingdom Hearts 2
Dark Cloud 2
Rogue Galaxy
Shadow Of The Colossus[/QUOTE]

You just got yourself like three month's worth of quality gaming!! Nice pickup!!

I got the following so far:

picture.php

picture.php

The first is Lord of Arcana Slayer Edition (from the UK - thanks ZxT!) and the rest are the LE guide to Assassin's Creed II, the updated guide to Mass Effect 2, and the guide to New Super Mario Bros Wii. I'm debating about Killzone 3 this month. The hype train is in full force!

If you're interested in Killzone and like UK LEs you should just hold off and wait for their collector's edition steelbook to get real cheap like Killzone 2's did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back